With the temperatures set to drop to a high of 13 degrees Celsius (55 degrees Fahrenheit) here in Sweden next week, it’s time to make the home extra cosy. Here are some of the key Autumn trends from this part of the world. Think plenty of texture, warm and inviting hues and wonderfully tactile materials – with a few shapes thrown in!
1. Earthy tones: think a neutral base with warm brown accents and plenty of texture.
2. Wood: tables, chairs, lamps, bowls, picture frames. mid-to dark wood is exceptionally popular right now and fits beautifully with the earthy tones while adding warmth.
3. Fluffy rugs with contrast: get toasty with shag-pile rugs on the floors and walls!
4. Triangles: think lamps, vases and chair legs.
5. Arches and soft, round edges: the interior world’s gone soft. Update your home with arched shape mirrors and rugs or furniture with rounded edges for a contemporary look.
What do you think? Will you be adopting any of these trends in your home this Autumn?
For more Autumn inspiration check out:
Here’s to cosy times ahead. Unless of course, you’re in the Southern hemisphere in which case, welcome to the joys of spring!