While yesterday’s home tour
was all about colour and playful elements, this Swedish apartment is all about serenity. When I pour over the pictures of the milky white tones, minimalist decor and soft touches of light wood I feel my shoulders instantly relax. So, what’s the trick to creating an oasis of calm for one? Here are seven clever styling elements at play:
1. Keeping key furniture white helps to keep the look uncluttered, while mixing and matching different designs helps to keep the look interesting.
2. A very large white fluffy, shag-pile rug adds texture and warmth as well as helps to dampen sound.
3. Playing with scale immediately adds interest to a space. In the main living room / bedroom a large pendant lamp floats in the centre.
4. Elfa storage
is hugely popular in Sweden as it’s really practical and can be tailored to the space you have. These shelves maximise storage by extending all the way up to the ceiling. And great storage also means a clutter-free room. I’d love to see a little more this space, preferably with some closed storage to hide a load of stuff!
5. A mirror doubles up as a ‘looking glass’ but also as a tool to reflect light inwards, visually enlarging the room
6. Bucket storage is ideal for storing books and magazines (I also love to use it in children’s rooms as it’s so easy to find what you’re looking for!). This one is the Douve by Bloomingville*
7. Soft earthy colours help to break up the white look while keeping the aesthetic calm and natural.
Beautiful! I could totally imagine rocking about here, could you?
It’s a bit small for my family, but if you’re interested, it’s for sale here
On a different note – I’m not sure if you noticed my announcement the other day – but I’ll be blogging four days a week for the time being, with Fridays off. So on this note – I’ll leave you to have a fabulous weekend and see you on Monday!
*This post contains affiliate links.
Product has been added to your cart